am
pm

Universal Time Coordinated - DST
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MILAIRPIX.COM Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Bloodhound SSC - Rescued!! (Read 82 times)

Roger Whitcomb
YaBB Administrator

MILAIRPIX Forum

Zodiac sign: Leo
Bloodhound SSC - Rescued!!
Dec 28th, 2018 at 7:13pm

Quote:
Dear BLOODHOUND Supporter

As you will be aware BLOODHOUND Programme Limited recently went into voluntary Administration, but we are absolutely delighted that on Monday 17th December 2018, the business and assets were bought allowing the Project to continue.

The acquisition was made by Yorkshire-based entrepreneur Ian Warhurst. Ian is a mechanical engineer by training, with a strong background in managing a highly successful business in the automotive engineering sector, so he will bring a lot of expertise to the Project.

Ian and his family have been enthusiastic BLOODHOUND supporters for many years, and this inspired his new involvement with the Project and will shape its future: I am delighted to have been able to safeguard the business and assets preventing the project breakup. I know how important it is to inspire young people about science, technology, engineering and maths, and I want to ensure BLOODHOUND can continue doing that into the future.

Its clear how much this unique British project means to people and I have been overwhelmed by the messages of thanks I have received in the last few days.

Although it has been a frustrating few months for BLOODHOUND, we are thrilled that Ian has saved BLOODHOUND SSC from closure for the country and the many supporters around the world who have been inspired by the Project. We now have a lot of planning to do for 2019 and beyond, so were going to have a break over Christmas and then return in the New Year to formulate the next steps. 

Wed like to thank you for your past support of the Project and will write again in the New Year with further news.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The BLOODHOUND Team

WWW WWW  
IP Logged   Chrome 49.0.2623.112  Windows Vista