am
pm

West Africa Time - DST
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
MILAIRPIX.COM Forum

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Shackleton WR963 Latest... 05/09/16 (Read 2394 times)

Roger Whitcomb
YaBB Administrator

MILAIRPIX Forum

Zodiac sign: Leo
Shackleton WR963 Latest... 05/09/16
Sep 5th, 2016 at 8:21pm

The chairman has released a statement today, 05/09/16, regarding the future of WR963

WWW WWW  
IP Logged   Chrome 49.0.2623.112  Windows Vista

Roger Whitcomb
YaBB Administrator

MILAIRPIX Forum

Re: Shackleton WR963 Latest... 23/09/16
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2016 at 5:49pm

Some more news...

WWW WWW  

Roger Whitcomb
YaBB Administrator

MILAIRPIX Forum

Re: Shackleton WR963 Latest... 13/10/16
Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 7:50pm

Posted this evening, 13/10/16, on the Shackleton Facebook page

Quote:
Hello all,

Well what a few weeks its been, highs low and everything in between! Despite it all WR963 and I are still here, your messages and posts have been a huge support, now I need you to step up and give the powers that be a visual sign of of this. Even now there are still those who for reasons known only to themselves are still trying to bring the whole thing down, maybe one day the whole story will come out, but it seems for the moment their motive is unknown.

So I ask your help - we're working hard to get WR963 back to what she was at the beginning of the year, with regular public run ups (and yes, taxying again) so now more than ever I need your help. As most of you will know by now, me and my little team are going to run up WR963's engines this Saturday, but we desperately need you to be there. Show those that want to kill her off and consign her to the history books that they won't and can't make it happen. I need as many of you who can to be on site for the run this weekend. Public opinion matters, after all that is what put a Vulcan in the air. Numbers on the day will count heavily in our favour, photos of the run on social media, chat on the various forums etc.

It all adds up, sometimes in ways you can't believe.

Thankfully we still have a few allies pulling as hard for us as ever. Coventry Airport are still very much on our side and have gone out of their way to make the run happen, and my team worked in torrential rain 2 weeks ago to get her ready for the run - as you will have read from the update a few snags were found but these have been dealt with.

One last thing; many of you have offered practical help, can I ask that you contact me if you still feel that you can help in some way, I may not get straight back to you in the next few days, I have a lot still to do over the next few weeks to satisfy several outside agencies, so bear with me I will answer you even if I don't respond immediately - I promise !!!

I hope to see lots of you at the weekend, come and say Hello.

Thank you all again

Dave Woods

Rog.

WWW WWW